Thursday, October 18, 2012

Careening

Shit!!!
Yesterday was an awesome day because I had lunch with my son.  He was fully recovered from his exertions over the weekend and was only dealing with the travails of work.  We met for our semi-regular lunch across from his office and I delivered a stash of food from his mother.  I left the cookies in my car instead of my office because I knew there would be little left if I had direct access to them.  I really enjoy these times together and we even talked politics.  He’s kind of in the same place I am about the presidency, wants democratic domestic policies and republican foreign policy – looking for that elusive “middle” candidate that seems to have gone extinct.

At the encouragement of my daughter I started watching the series Breaking Bad last night.  It garnered a lot of critical success but I was never attracted to a story about drug dealing.  Since I had nothing waiting in the queue I checked out the first two episodes.  I think I’m going to enjoy watching the train wreck that is Walter White (my wife – not so much).

After that fairly promising day I left a little early for work today due to a board meeting.  I was taking a left turn when my car was struck by a woman who decided the stop sign on her street was optional.  She put a sizable dent in my car and scared the living bejesus out of me.  We ended up only a few feet apart as I was looking over the hood of her SUV right into her eyes when she crashed into me; not a good way to start out the day. 

I took a pretty good jolt.   My left shoulder is a little sore and I don’t think I’ve been this pissed off in a long time.  She claimed she didn’t see me.  I told her it would have helped if she actually looked.  She was shaken up and had her little son in the car so I couldn’t stay visibly angry, plus my hands were shaking pretty bad.  The police told me they were going to cite her but that probably won’t pay my $500 deductible, just in time for the holiday season.

Luckily I have a great insurance company, USAA, who did a fantastic job walking me through the process.  This company, started my military officers, is one of the biggest benefits of my military service.  They are so easy to deal with and always professional. Well, the day can only get better.
Son With His Spoils
Hello Walter!
Front Yard Last Night
 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the accident, Dad!! Glad you are okay.

    Glad also to hear you've started Breaking Bad! It just keeps getting better...

    ReplyDelete