Monday, May 1, 2017

Walled In

With my Faithful Assistant by the Completed Wall
I’m still trying to figure out why the fairly large consumption of beer seemed to have no effect during our dancing date on Saturday night. I remarked on this to my date, the dancing queen herself – my Favorite Panamanian (note – a lady came over to our table Saturday night specifically to compliment my wife on her dancing – she said nothing to me). It may have been from excess thirst from wall building time but I literally felt no effect despite a very busy waiter servicing our able with repeated rounds. I still had my wife drive home because I didn’t trust the evil intentions of demon alcohol but it was weird.
From Another Angle, Swing at Top of hill Will Move Down Once Filled in

The Pile of Stone

Also Finished Off Front Yard Mini-Wall
Weirder still – no excess pain on Sunday from all the yard work and hours spent dancing afterwards. Maybe wall building is some convoluted fountain of youth. At any rate I will never know because I finished the last wall yesterday. I made two more trips to Home Depot loading and unloading bricks, including one during a thunder storm. It’s a lonely feeling pushing a metal cart across a large open parking lot while thunder starts rumbling. I think that was the fastest I’ve ever loaded the car. Now that the wall is finished I can move on to filling in behind it, creating the staircase between the terraces, and replacing the dead grass area with patio stone. There’s also an outdoor fireplace hiding in the pile of rocks sitting on the hillside. I left them there so I would be motivated to actually build it. I’m guessing June.
I Didn't Ask
A very busy day elsewhere as well. Wingman was conducting his own backyard excavations down in New Jersey. As the temperatures warm they are meeting a lot of their neighbors and learning some of the back story surrounding their new house. Wingman’s excavations have revealed a lot of major tree roots which a neighbor related belonged to a huge tree that came down over the past year. The First Blog Reader was energetic last night demonstrating some new dance moves and modeling her go to outfit which she wears when she’s helping dad outside – she’s almost criminally cute. The upside – we get to see them for an extended weekend starting on Thursday!
Ready to Test Dad's Reflexes




No comments:

Post a Comment