Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Descent and Guard Up

Modeling our Hair Ribbons
You ever have one of those days where everything seems to descend at once? I got a call last night from my company’s vice president asking if I could arrange a meeting with my customer here in Worcester first thing this morning. I cashed some chips to make that happen and my reward – I got to sit in on the meeting myself. That’s just not fair. I’ve got a short work week and I’m flying down to Panama for a week on Saturday. That means I’m more than fairly engaged already before this came about.
Transfixed at Church by Stained Glass Windows
It seems I’ve been rushing from one thing to the next for the past few weeks. I can’t remember the last calm day. I think it coincidental with the return of a certain Panamanian to the household. I like the accompanying liveliness but I’m ready for a break, even though there’s nothing on the immediate horizon. Gardens still need to be planted and my wife’s serious collection of message signs still await mounting on the freshly painted walls. Pacific beaches, 35 cent beer, and tropical temperatures for a week should help.
Didn't Last - Stealing a Friends Snack Bowl
I recovered a bunch more pictures from our long weekend in New Jersey; refer to yesterday’s post for more background on what’s depicted. We only had a short FaceTime call with my granddaughter last night and that just twisted the sword of being separated from her again. Wingman returned for duty and said there were numerous requests for Grampa and Abuela – so that helped.

We observed date night with a movie, of all things. We saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 which was every bit as good as I hoped. I loved the original and it’s always supremely difficult to follow up a surprise hit with a sequel that does the original justice. All of the cast is back and the director wisely went with additional comedic input from both Drax and Rocket. Pratt as Quill takes an almost rear seat as back stories become more important. Every time I felt it was veering a little too much in a certain direction I was expertly swung in a new one, usually in a very colorful manner. The story was new and kept the action floating through a serious body count. There might have been a little too much Baby Groot but he was kind of cute so hard to argue that. It’s a big, sprawling, very funny, and just plain awesome adventure.
Abuela - What Are you Doing in There?

Meeting a New Friend at Church

And Then Sitting with Them Instead of Us

Helping Abuela with her Makeup

What's this For?

Grampa You Should be Lying Down!

The Cook is In

Grampa - How About I Jump on Your Stomach?

Wasn't that fun!

Helping Grampa Get to Root of Problem





No comments:

Post a Comment