Friday, May 12, 2017

Canine Evac

Fun Times Last Night
As busy as we’ve been we got a nice break last night. We made out standard pilgrimage to Rhode Island to drop off Buddy the Wonder Pooch at canine Nirvana – the Great Aunt’s house. I say break because this removed my wife from our house where she’s frantically sanitizing anything and everything to make a good impression on her mother when we return with her next week. I’ve been careful not to sit in any spot too long in fear of being doused with cleaning fluid. I may be exaggerating a bit – call it artistic license. We're dropping Buddy off because we're headed to Panama tomorrow where I'll get my first look inside our future condo - cal me more than semi-psyched.
Condo - Ours is 3rd Floor Closest Corner

View from Upper Floor Showing Fire Pit and Bohios
I say nice because it was the first time in a very long time, say Christmas, that all four of us were together. There’s a great synergy when two couples who’ve been part of each other’s lives for as long as we have get together. My wife also scored some sangria which also helped, a lot. We were on our way down when my wife asked me where we were going out for dinner. I told her my sister was preparing dinner for us and received a scathing rebuke. Apparently this was an important piece of information I should have related earlier since we should have been showing up with flowers or a plant. When she asked me what we were bringing I pointed to Buddy. This did not help my case.
Gang Last Night
Luckily there were plenty of shopping venues enroute which meant we didn’t show up empty handed. My sister only shook her head when my wife recounted my social failure. My sister’s response while sagely shaking her head – “Men”. The Soxfather soon showed up and we settled down for a fabulous meal of American Chop Suey. This was one of my mother’s signature dishes and brought back a lot of memories. The three dogs swirled around the table after being released from the cages after dinner. It was one of those nights
I Swear There Were Three Dogs in Picture When I Started to Take it
In Addition to Demonic Buddy
I didn’t want to end because it was just too much fun but we had the drive back to the People’s Republic and I had a Man Cave to clean (not for the faint of heart).
In bed after midnight I had another of those really weird leg cramps I’ve been getting lately. It’s one of the deep muscles in the thigh and almost impossible to stretch out. I seem to get them after driving long distances and in the right leg so maybe this is the mysterious gas/brake pedal muscle. It had me jumping around the house until my Favorite Panamanian convinced me to let her try kneading it out which ultimately worked. Having been a swimmer in an earlier incarnation I’m no stranger to muscle cramps but these truly suck.
View Out Window
I’m looking out my office window right now and there’s some sort of hazardous material event in our next door neighbor’s facility. I glanced out my window and saw five fire truck, an ambulance, and a state emergency response vehicle. A few minutes later the city’s hazardous material response truck showed up as well and discharged two fully Hazmatted dudes to inspect something in an internal building location. The ret of the gang is just standing around, unmasked and not looking too concerned. The place is a storm water treatment plant so they must have run into some sort of strange chemical.

Only New Picture I Got
My daughter has become very parsimonious in the picture sharing department. It’s almost as if trying to keep up with a precocious 18 month old (yesterday) and pulling down a full time job is time consumptive. She assuaged my feelings of separation (two days without FaceTime call) by posting this month’s one second a day video. That helped, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment