Thursday, May 11, 2017

Sign Up Period

Having Daddy Back is Fun!
My wife is descending into house preparation mode for the impending visit of her mother which is not good news for any slightly slovenly men who live with her. I just have to survive until my mother in law actually arrives and then I’m golden. My mother in law holds my wife to traditional Panamanian standards of spousal behavior which clashes with my very Americanized wife’s usual activity mode.
The Layout
Last night, after mowing the lawn for the first time this year, I was sentenced to sign posting duty. My wife has a constantly evolving and ever increasing lode of message signs. I really enjoy having them but they are a monumental pain in the ass to mount. After she saw the pincushion state of the wall after removing the signs to paint she decided to go with some adhesive hooks this time out. No task is too simple that it can’t be complicated seems to be in her motto in these type situations.
As far as We Got
Actually she was a very good sport as we spent a couple hours together getting the damned things up on the wall again. I had her lay out the signs on the living room floor in the manner she wanted them on the wall. I then took a picture of the layout so she was locked into the decision. We had the Sox game on nearby which was almost as depressing as sign mounting. We reached the 75 per cent solution when we ran out of hooks so I’ve go that to look forward to tonight. Luckily there will also be a run down to Rhode Island to sup with Great Aunt and Soxfather to assuage the pain.

Wearing her "Pa" Ribbon
The most depressing part of the day however was the lack of contact with the First Blog Reader. Our nightly FaceTime call was thwarted by a late commuting daughter. We did receive reports from Wingman that she continues to thrive. He sent the attached photos chronicling another day of continued excellence in the granddaughter department. She’s even taken to wearing the hair ribbons and told her dad she wanted to wear the bow like “Pa” – which is what she calls me until her vocabulary can handle a full “Grampa”. A friend on Facebook commented that I was like mush in the hands of this young lady. Guilty as charged. I did get in a nice long FaceTime conversation with my Favorite Son while my wife was held captive by whatever shopping establishment got its claws into her. He’s also engaged in yard work woes which we commiserated on.


No comments:

Post a Comment