Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Last Mayday

The Flower Whisperer Caught in the Act
I find it unconscionable that today is the last day in May. Where the hell did the month go? I know I’ve been busy but I find it hard to credit that tomorrow is June, especially given the March like weather we’ve been “blessed” with lately. I heard we had three days in the 90s but that was while I was in Panama enjoying a constant stream of that type weather. Since I returned with the Panamanians we’ve had temps hovering in the 50s which they kind of like since it’s so far outside their normal operating temperatures. The living room fireplace is certainly getting a workout to combat these atrociously cold times.
Wife and Her Mom on the Hunt
I am going to truly miss my wife’s uncle when he leaves, especially during grass mowing time, like last night. He’s appointed himself cord wrangler for the electric lawn mower so I don’t have to worry about running it over. I came home to find Deckzilla once again home to a bevy of new flowers as my wife went shopping for party supplies and somehow, against all odds, bought a bunch of flowers instead, go figure. I’m a bit exasperated because she still hasn’t planted the last rendition yet. I told her no new flowers until all of the ones sitting on the deck and surrounding territory are planted. I have no real expectation of any success with that admonition.

We did sneak in our date night and saw Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Men Tell No Tales which had the lavish CGI work the series is famous for as well as a very tired Johnny Depp. He used to be the reason you wanted to see one of these movies but that day has certainly passed. He adds nothing to his Jack Sparrow character and I found myself cringing every time he came on screen. He’s become a caricature of himself. The next gen characters were very good as was old stalwart Geoffrey Rush. Javier Bardem does evil so well and dominates whenever his zombiefied character slithers onscreen. There were some very scary zombie sharks as Disney is obviously trying to tap into the zombie craze but this felt like a story on its last breath. I guess it’s a zombie shark getting jumped this time. There was a very nice moment involving a couple of the original characters in a well done cameo. Unless you’re truly invested in this series I’d avoid this, nothing new to see here.
Abuela Seems to Have passed her Love of gardening Down




No comments:

Post a Comment