Thursday, May 4, 2017

Planting Season and Road Trip Prep

Get to Spend the Weekend With These Two - SCORE!!!!
My long, back bracing duel with my wife’s new front yard gardens is finally approaching the final phase. I completed my bucket brigade approach to the huge pile of loam yesterday after work. We’re still waiting for her big shipment of flowers from an online order but she had acquired a number of plants that had been languishing on the back deck awaiting my earth moving exercise to conclude. As soon as I finished dumping the last wheelbarrow load behind the wall I summoned the architect outside to pinpoint where the plants should go. She was not a happy camper since it was fairly brisk outside and we were getting scoured by some hefty wind.
The New Gardens With New Loam Coat and Minimal Plants

Site of Former Loam Pile
This may have helped her usual glacially paced decision process along because I only had to move each plant three times before she agreed to their position and stole back inside out of the wind. I got all the plants into the ground and had to only chase empty flower pots down the hill twice after the wind took off with them. The plants look a little lonely but the incoming shipment should remedy that in no uncertain terms.
I finished all this in time to sneak my wife away for a guilty pleasure type movie – How to be a Latin Lover. I figured my wife would love it which she certainly did. She told me going in that I should take notes. She backtracked on that guidance when she learned the plot concerned an aging gigolo kicked to the curb by his millionaire wife and sets out to conquer another meal ticket. I can’t blame the guy for trying since the target was none other Raquel Welch who has lost nothing off her fastball in her senior citizen years. There were some absolutely hilarious bits including one where the guy, trying to be sexy, dives into a swimming pool at a large party and all of the black dye he used on his hair disperses into the pool creating a very suspicious black cloud. I couldn’t stop laughing. He moves in with a sensible sister played by Salma Hayek, who, talking about fastballs, is still Salma, ‘nuff said. A very silly movie with an impressive comedic supporting cast that kept me laughing even though I knew I probably shouldn’t.

Someone's Going to Miss their Daddy
My wife and I are very excited because we head south to the Garden State after work today. We’ve been summoned for child care duty through Monday as Wingman is winging off somewhere. I just hope there’s room in the car for me after we pack all my wife’s granddaughter purchases over the past couple weeks. She knows it’s an area I’m not going to restrict funding levels within. It’s been a  while since I’ve had a break from work so I’m excited for that as well, but it’s mostly about seeing my daughter and, of course, the First Blog Reader. 
Grampa and Abuela Are Coming to Help








No comments:

Post a Comment