Friday, May 26, 2017

Anticipation Day

Soon to be Weekend Resident
Embracing her Favorite Condiment
I’ve tried to contain all week the impending joy this weekend portends. It begins today with the imminent arrival of the New Jersey contingent. Since we whisked away an official Mother’s Day celebration with our tropical getaway we (my wife) decreed we would celebrate same tomorrow and summoned the progeny. I’m excited for Wingman and my daughter to see what an easy drive it is and how close extended babysitting resources in the form of my wife and I actually are.
Project Almost Done
It only gets better tomorrow when the Favorite Son, the ABFA, the ABFA’s parents, Soxfather, and hopefully Keene Friend join us for a barbecue. The laides, in true Mother’s Day tradition, will not be allowed to lift a finger to work. I’ve always found that to be severely educational in illuminating just how much they do for us Cro-Magnon types on a daily basis. My wife has been her usual frantic self preparing the house, menu, and myself for the big weekend. She’s been challenged all week having her kitchen in disarray with the lighting and backsplash installations. That appears to be in the final stages with only some grouting left this morning. It’s been great having the Panamanians seniors around the house although they seemed to have enhanced my wife’s shopping gene. Who thought that was even possible!? It is further heightened by the granddaughter’s presence which I myself am impossible to resist.

In an effort to defuse my wife’s unquenchable thirst to clean/sanitize the house I kidnapped her for another movie last night. I don’t want her to exhaust herself to the point she won’t enjoy the unmitigated joy this weekend is scheduled to provide. She has a history. We went to see Baywatch because, well, why not? I always wondered why the original TV show lasted and the movie begs the same question. There should be warning signs at the door to the theater to leave whatever intellectual capacity you possess behind but if you need that warning you’re probably not going to see it anyway. The movie honors the slow motion pneumatic recoiling that the show was famous for along with a nonsensical insipid plot. There are some very funny moments mainly involving the Rock teasing pretty boy Zac Effron, who looks to have ascribed to the Rock’s own chemically induced physique. The pneumatics are provided by Alexandria Daddario and Kelly Rohrback and while they do not disappoint I could have done without the lengthy examination of cadaver penis (you had to be there). In the end I enjoyed the movie because the Rock makes anything watchable but if asked I will deny it.




No comments:

Post a Comment