Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wall Time

The Proverbial Weed - Growing Up So Fast
The time spent back in my home town on Sunday did the trick in terms of rejuvenating my energy levels. I worked the entire day yesterday out on the wall which grew geometrically. I exhausted the supply of stones at the local Home Depot and ended up traveling almost to Connecticut where I found another cache of the damned things. It was kind of a strange day because I felt I should be more tired than I was but who am I to argue. Unbeknownst to most, the fountain of youth is cleverly disguised as Scores Sports Bar in Keene.
Wall Progress - Almost There
That, at least, will be my excuse to the Favorite Panamanian when I describe the need to occasionally patronize the place to rebuild energy levels. I am just about done with the wall. Turning the corner and weaving it back into the hill took a lot more blocks than I had and I want to add one additional row to the top so as long as my cache is not fully depleted I should be able to finish it off tonight. I did learn the valuable lesson not to pile rocks on the spot you want the wall to go. I had to move the entire pile over to where they will hopefully someday be transformed into a fire pit. Hurricane Hermine is depositing some long sought after rain on the region so I won’t have to work in the sun again. 
The Wandering Rock Pile

My Supervisor
Neighborly Plate of Food
The next door neighbors, some very nice Syrian Americans, watched my efforts over the past week with interest and I’m sure not a little bit of amusement as I tried to figure things out. They know the wife was in absentia and as I was finishing up yesterday her counterpart brought me a heaping plate of food from their family barbecue. I was properly appreciative but those who know me realize just what a picky eater I am. I am not what could be described as culinarily adventuresome. I did try just about everything (except for the green cylindrical things). We are once again blessed with fantastic neighbors.

My wife has been conducting visual inspections of the wall via FaceTime calls over the past week and is properly impressed. I think she was channeling a little Jack Nicholson/Col Jessup as to his feelings about walls…well you get the point.
Showing Of Some Nascent Dance Moves






No comments:

Post a Comment