Saturday, September 10, 2016

Returns

Back and Properly Rose-ified
I experienced a very nice recovery, on a number of levels, yesterday from Thursday’s nadir. I found a glass shop that will be able to replace the shattered glass shelf although it will probably end up costing me more than the whole original shelf set did. I’ll think of it as penance payment. The house was brought to minimal acceptable levels for the return of the Favorite Panamanian. I even tried my hand at the decorative pillow stacking in the master bedroom. These pillows spent the last few weeks on the floor and I’m still trying to figure out why so many are needed. I’m no closer to solving that mystery or how to actually configure the damned things but I gave it a shot.
My Pillow Stacking Effort - Apparently Amusing
First Friday celebrations were understandably short since I had the ride into Boston to accomplish. A quick note to self – do not schedule any more flights into Boston on Friday evenings. I thought I had the whole reverse commute thing going for me until I ran into Boston traffic which was at a virtual standstill. The usual hour long trip more than doubled although I did get to see the Boston Bruins practice facility off the Mass Pike. Any skaters inside were making a lot better speed than I was at the time. My wife called to report her plane had landed when I was edging past Fenway Park.  She was a little peeved that I wasn’t waiting with breathless anticipation outside the arrivals gate. I was still fairly confident since she had the whole immigration, baggage, and customs to pass through.
I made it to Logan and still had a forty minute wait until she appeared. As soon as I saw her the cosmos shifted back into alignment. I felt so bad to have her so far away and to be going through so much emotional pain over the past couple weeks. While she did look incredibly tired I don’t think she’s ever looked better.

First Sighting
The trip back to Worcester was almost as long but seemed to fly by because she talked the entire way filling me in on everything that was going on with her family. She also fielded a FaceTime call from the Cali-Girls where the granddaughter was in high entertainment mode, especially when she heard her grandmother’s distinctive voice. It was tough only hearting it but I knew my granddaughter was too distracting to chance looking at the screen. We stopped by a local restaurant for a late dinner and some of that delayed First Friday celebration. Our booth had a huge TV with the Red Sox on. The Sox were in the midst of pummeling the Blue Jays so it was a perfect end to the evening, especially since I had the other half sitting across from me.
The FaceTime Star

She's Taken Up Yoga

I'm Not Kidding













1 comment: