Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Let the Laughter Commence

Wife with Cousin of Legendary Laugh and her Husband Last Night At Logan
My wife and I endured yet another trip to Terminal E at Logan International Airport yesterday. I think the car, at this point, could make its own way there unaided. Luckily we were going for a very good reason. At long last my wife’s cousin of the legendary laugh is finally visiting us. She and her husband are always one of the highlights of our trips to Panama. On more occasions than I can adequately credit they served as drivers as we dragged friends and family down to visit. They’ve always done it with an abundance of joy and never a complaint. Their house is always party central and the Cousin of the Legendary Laugh comes by her title honestly. She is an absolute delight to be around and she drinks beer!
Trying to Suppress that Laugh
I’ve been working on them for years to come visit so we could in some way attempt to pay them back for their serial kindnesses. After an extended wait while they made their way through customs and immigration we united outside the gate where too many hi’s and goodbyes over my life have occurred. It was unfortunately dark for the ride home but they were impressed with the long tunnels through Boston. We gathered around the table for a late dinner and laughter ensued. Buddy inspected them and immediately granted approval, a rare occurrence, he’s a good judge of character. They’re off this morning for the north as my wife drives them to northern Maine to stay with the Maine Musquetera for a couple days. They only have a limited time here and we want to make the most of it; again, a lot to repay them for.
Granddaughter at the End of her Long Walk
I wish I could take some more time off from work but we’re getting to “nut cutting time” for the move to the new facility and since I’m in charge of that (and already told numerous people they couldn’t take time off) I’m kind of trapped. We’re still going to make this as memorable as possible including a Frist Friday celebration on Deckzilla when they return from Maine.
Wife (2nd from left) with Sister and Brother
Is it Me or Does She Have the Whole "Children of the Corn" Look Down-pat?
My wife made a mistake of showing me some pictures she found during her recent return home. She also absolutely forbid me from posting them here. Since she’s already at least hundred miles away and heading further north I figure it’s safe to share them with you. What the hell, I can take a beating. There’s a family picture of her with her sisters who grew up to form the core of the PanaGals as well as my wife playing baseball on Las Lajas Beach when she was still in college, previously unseen.
My College Aged Wife Batting

Her Youngest Sister Pitching
Whole Family on the Fence - Wife 3rd from Left
Speaking of Las Lajas the construction company posted some new photos of the progress on our condo being built there. The pool seems to be done and they’re starting to enclose the building and work on the roof. The photos give you a view of just how close we are to the surf line on the world’s most picturesque beach. Visitors will be welcome starting next year.

Workers Standing in Pool

Our Condo is 3rd Floor Far Left (Worker Silhouetted on Balcony)

From the Air
No contact with Californian contingent yesterday outside of the some posted photos since we were so busy retrieving Panamanians. The First Blog Reader’s nanny took her on a long walk that ended at a mall; she has certainly acquired some of her grandmother’s genes related to shopping. Meanwhile the ABFA and Favorite Son are going through a kitchen renovation where they’re learning it’s not as fast as seen on their favorite TV show and nowhere near as fun. The ABFA had the grandpuppy out for a walk in the neighborhood to help with what I’m sure is a stressful time for Riggins. 
Riggins and ABFA Out for a Walk







No comments:

Post a Comment