Thursday, September 1, 2016

Mercy Mission

Wingman Heads Back on Tour Today
Which is Going to Make this Young Lady Very Unhappy
I’ve found one of the toughest aspects to my wife’s serial absences has been the solitude. It’s never too late to learn about yourself and I guess I’m a lot more socially inclined than I thought. I know this will come as a huge surprise given my serial pub crawling exploits but despite the best efforts by the Wonder Pooch I do get a tad lonely. The Soxfather and Great Aunt rode to the rescue last night. They’re on a weeklong vacation where they’re in the middle of some major home renovation projects but they took pity on my solitary state and came up for dinner.
Great Aunt and Soxfather to the Rescue -File Footage
I had such a good time with them that I forgot to take a picture to commemorate the event. I luckily have a plethora of file footage of them to fall back on. We went to the local 99 after a very entertaining video call with a certain young lay out in California (see photos below). I really appreciated the effort they made in the midst of everything they’ve got going on. Its been such a busy summer with serial Panamanian trips and the whole moving into a new house scenario that I’ve sadly neglected hang time with friends and family. The Soxfather was in full “Italian” story telling mode complete with wildly swinging arm gestures in which a passing waitress narrowly avoided serious injury.
The path Continues to Emerge from the Hillside
I did sneak in another excavation effort behind Deckzilla prior to their arrival. I’m confident I can finish the major digging part tonight for which my back and aching hands will be eternally grateful. I would like to lodge a formal complaint with Whomever the appropriate authority is about rocks though. Just before I took a major swing with the pick axe I noticed the edge of a rock peeking out from the grass. It turned into the biggest rock I’ve extracted yet. I seriously do not understand why early settlers of New England just didn’t turn around and head back to England after running into this type soil.

The Rock I was Complaining About

I finished my rush through CG Cooper’s Corps Justice series with Sabotage. While I’ve enjoyed the series immensely he continued his trend of the last few books in spending too much time with political machinations versus the close combat scenes that he does so well. He has Cal Stokes and his operators running around Djibouti of all places trying to thwart a presidential assassination and rescue two Delta operators caught up in a Chinese plot. There was ample plot space available to do what he does best but instead Cooper spent way too much time on the Machiavellian efforts of a US congressman. I’m still going to miss hanging out with Stokes and his stalwart comrades of the Jefferson Group though.
Bye Dad - Come Back Soon

Riggins Hanging with the ABFA
Apparently Canine Couch restrictions Have Relaxed




No comments:

Post a Comment