Thursday, September 29, 2016

Champs and “Lobstahs”

First Ever Lobster Dinner
I was left to my own devices again last night as the Panamanians have launched yet another invasion of the great state of Maine. Somehow, and this defies imagination to anyone who’s ever driven through New Hampshire on I-95, she missed the NH state liquor store exit; for the second time in a row. I’m thinking some lively conversation was going on because it’s almost more difficult to go straight on that stretch of highway than turn in.
They had a great time in picturesque Maine being hosted by the resident Musquetera there. They toured Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor on the blustery day. The treat of the day was their first ever sampling of Maine Lobster which according to my sources was extremely well received. They return today, at least, allegedly.
Bar Harbor with Maine Musquetera
I did get to talk with both “kids” yesterday. My son coaxed me into watching the new Exorcist series which I did later. I’m now kind of pissed at him because it scared the hell out of me in the dark empty house but I think he knew that going in. I caught up with the birthday girl out in California late in the day. My granddaughter had been demanding cuddle time with her all day long. We both agreed that was the best possible birthday gift she could have hoped for.
Date Night Last Night - Birthday Girl Looks Happy
One of their best friends volunteered to babysit last night so Wingman could take her out for dinner and a movie. I was so happy he’s back around to do this kind of thing. All new mothers know what a Godsend a date night prior to their child’s first birthday is. I didn’t get my daily set of pictures of the First Blog Reader so it must have been a memorable night.
Third Terrace Bottom Row Just About Done
As stated above I was on my own last night so I was of course back out on the hill making the most of my non-supervisory condition. I exhausted the existing supply of wall blocks and pretty much finished the bottom row of the third terrace. Another trip to Home Depot looms as I try and figure out when I can get back out there. If the Panamanians run true to form they should be late returning except for the troubling development that my wife made a hairdresser appointment late in the afternoon.

Yankee Stadium was Red Sox Central Last Night
Finally I spent the dark hours watching scary TV series and Red Sox baseball in the Man Cave. I thought we were headed for a picture book ending as the Sox were poised to defeat the Yankees and celebrate a division championship in Yankee Stadium. The Sox were ahead heading into the 9th with their reliable closer on the mound to end it. Then those pesky Orioles went and beat the Blue Jays which handed the Sox the crown. They posted that score and everyone seemed to lose focus on anything other than the champagne waiting for them in the locker room. After blowing the game the champs still got to celebrate but it wasn’t as satisfying as it should have been. That’s how spoiled we’ve become in Red Sox nation – we complain about a championship. After the past two years though – it was eighteen kinds of cool (and in Yankee Stadium nonetheless).
The Lobstah Was Wicked Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment