Wednesday, August 6, 2014

T-Minus 4: Cacophonous Travels

Yesterday was the last day at work with the wedding looming on the short horizon.  In addition to the frenzied completion of several projects I was called upon to take a mid-day sojourn through the beloved highway system of Connecticut.  If you read yesterday you know that I volunteered to take some of the heat off myself from a very focused wife.
Daughter Arriving in New Haven
The drive was to pick up my daughter at the train station in New Haven.  Dare I say this out loud (?) but the sojourn in the Nutmeg State was actually enjoyable – a true first.  I think I surprised the malevolent interstate highway spirits by making the trip at the unusual hours of a mid-day weekday.  The trip was even enjoyable, especially the second half when I had my fellow movie guru for company.  We caught up with each other and then listened to several podcasts (whatever the hell those are) about some recent movies.  The trip was entirely too short.
It Was Wednesday So A Selfie was Called For - Finally With the Daughter
Especially since I had to return to work after dropping the daughter off with her ecstatic mom.  I got everything done I needed to at work, including keeping the excellent boss out in front of the political types.  I’m worried he’ll get himself in trouble with them while I’m gone.  I stayed late at work catching up but also because I was leaving from Worcester to pick up the second load of the day – The PanaGals!  My wife’s two sisters and two cousins were arriving at Logan Airport in Boston. 
The PanaGals are Back!
Shopping Centers Beware
The trip through Boston to the airport was right at the end of the typical horrendous rush hour traffic but I found a satellite radio channel that was playing some of the Steve Martin’s old comedy routines; still funny even though some were more than twenty years old (damn – I’m getting old). 
In Addition to Conversational Abilities - Some Real Beauty in These Bloodlines
My wife is an extremely able co-pilot and not because of her nonexistent navigational ability.  She keeps me awake by an almost constant, stream of consciousness conversational ability.  Multiply that by four and you get an idea of what my ride home from the airport with devastatingly beautiful PanaGals (I was directed to include that) was like.  After the quiet solo ride to the airport the decibel level increase was welcome.  I don’t think we stopped laughing the whole hour and half.

My Daughter Introduced me to a Very Funny Show on Comedy Central - Drunk History
They Get a Celebrity Drunk and then Re-enact History Which he Tries to Narrate- So Funny
The cacophony continued when we arrived home and my wife added her abilities to the maelstrom.  She was obviously on cloud nine being surrounded by family again.  My daughter and I retired to watch a movie while the constant thrum of conversation never abated and moved throughout the house for the rest of the night.  You put five women from that Panamanian blood line together and watch out.  It’s so fun to have a full house again.  It fills up even further today with the return of the groom to be, Wing Man, and one of the musqueteras; oh, and I’M ON VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment