Saturday, August 2, 2014

Final Friday

Today officially kicks off “the event”.  Anybody who’s had one of their children get married know that the ceremony consumes the better part of the year preceding.  Not as much for us guys (except for the groom) but the women involved are focused like laser beams.  The wedding seemed so far in the future for so long but it is now only one short week away and my wife is in serious planning mode both for the rehearsal dinner and the arrival of the Panamanian branch of the family.  As I’m writing this my wife is engaged with her Maine Friend on the subject of cupcakes; a subject close to my heart.  It’s bringing back fond memories of my daughter’s wedding week during this same time period a few years back. 
The Giant Crab Devouring the Lunch Restaurant
Yesterday was the last Friday (although it was still the first Friday of the week) before the wedding week’s intense preps kick in.  It was a tough work week and we culminated with a visit from the regional vice president from my company who took my excellent boss and the political boss out to lunch.  There’s a lot of behind the scene tension between a couple of them so it made for interesting lunch conversation.  The restaurant we ate at has one of those huge crabs draped over the roof.  For some reason they always make me nervous, I think I’ve seen Starship Troopers too many times.

My Friday Night Date
There was a very well spent First Friday celebration at Brew City where my excellent boss was able to expel a great deal of the tension built up over lunch. I followed that up with one of my signature moves – dinner at Zorba’s with my favorite Panamanian.  Since we have cupcakes in our immediate future we passed on the MEF approved option of ice cream.  Let the games begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment