Saturday, August 23, 2014

Late Better than Ever

Yesterday began with the annual visit to the dentist where I was reacquainted with Ilsa the Torturing Dental Hygienist in her never ending quest to see if my lip really can be pulled down over my chin.  I may be exaggerating there a bit.  I guess it’s part of the hygienist’s code that if the patient doesn’t complain it must not hurt.  This always comes in to conflict with my male pride refusing to admit anything hurts, so my own fault. 
I noticed a very attractive Latina when I entered the dental office and filed it away under viewing the menu while maintaining dietary restrictions.  I was more than surprised when Ilsa finished her lip stretching session to have the young lady walk in and introduce herself as my new dentist.  Since we go to the same dental office I insured I informed my wife about this development at the earliest opportunity.  It’s taken over three decades but I may be getting the hang of this married stuff.  The wife opined that she may accompany me to all future dental appointments due to my “well known attraction to Latin women”.

The First Friday of the Week ceremonies were conducted with their normal aplomb.  My excellent boss took the week for vacation so the session was decidedly less profane.  I got a chance to speak with the guy from the planning group who caused all the verbal gymnastics with my boss last week while I was away.  He’s a good guy and was mystified about the hub bub that erupted at what he thought was an innocent email.  I furthered his education with a liberal lubrication of the brewer’s art.
Zorba Demolition Operations
The Maine Musquetera’s acknowledged tardiness problem manifested in an entire day later arrival at our house from their dreaded trip to drop off their daughter at college for the first time.  In the Silver Lining Department they arrived just in time to join us for our weekly demolition of a Zorba’s giant pizza along with attendant liquid refreshment.  Since we were still feeling celebratory we paid homage to the BFA by hitting the ice cream bar on our way home. A very fun night with old and cherished friends.

Two of the Three Musqueteras Together Again
We didn’t wake them this morning when we snuck out of the house to fulfill a secret plan conjured up by the BFA’s parents.  They were picking up my son and the BFA in Boston as they returned from their Hawaiian honeymoon.  They asked if we would come up for breakfast and surprise the returning couple.  A great plan except the BFA’s mother insisted we bring Buddy along to greet his favorite human.  I’m not sure Buddy is even capable of the necessary civil behavior but we will see.
My Wife's Shoes and her Haul From Blueberry Picking Yesterday
Something that was on the Dance Card for the PanaGals
But Was of course Preempted by Shopping
They Think Blueberries are Exotic

No comments:

Post a Comment