Thursday, October 10, 2013

Weekend Eve

I am so ready for this weekend and I typically (weekly) celebrate Thursday for being Weekend Eve.  This week I have even more to look forward to:  the wife is back, it’s a three dayer, and my daughter is joining us tomorrow for the entire extended weekend.  Talk about a threefer!

Yesterday was the final day of data input and it went extremely well.  The IT geek must have finally noticed he had a fiancé nearby because he didn’t join us.  On this side of the Atlantic my wife showed up in the middle of the chaos because she was linking up with one of the Panamanian Mafia to reestablish their dominance in the local shopping arena.

She claims I must have been crossing all of my fingers because she didn’t find anything worth purchasing.  It was not from lack of effort as she didn’t return home until well after seven PM.  She had a full day yesterday as she also had an early morning dentist appointment.

I spent the quiet time continuing my drive through the early seasons Of Breaking Bad.  I can really see why this has such a fanatical fan base.  Walter White and Jesse have to be two of the most compelling TV characters ever created.  You can see their humanity being leached away show by show due to their association with the evil of drug dealing.  This show is so gripping.

Since my son in law’s recent upgrade of the wireless server I can now watch movies and TV shows streaming from Netflix and the quality is astounding.  I may never leave the couch.  However since it is weekend eve and I have winter backyard prep, a new snow blower to finally unpack, Red Sox playoffs, football, hockey, leaf peeping, and a daughter to squire around very soon – we’ll just see!  It’s a very good problem to have.
Playoff Beard Day 11

No comments:

Post a Comment