Monday, October 7, 2013

Rainy Day Memories

Yesterday was a return to semi-normalcy.  The Sunday trip to the grocery store took twice as long as the previous week because of the decision challenged sprite that is my wife.  It was still so much better than doing it alone and wishing she was there.
Pat's Parade Rained On
We settled down to watch the Patriots debacle in Cincinnati.  The weather outside perfectly mirrored the football we were watching.  Apparently the beard does not have the same mystic ability to compel winds from the Pats.  They were not able to do anything against a team that lost to Cleveland for christsakes!  The question must now be asked if Brady is just a mere shadow of his former self as there were open receivers that he just flat missed, repeatedly.  I know it’s against the creed to criticize Saint Tom but he’s not playing well, at all.

I was so disgusted by the football that I ended up watching two strange movies between lengthy phone calls and skype sessions that pulled the wife away.  I didn’t even watch the Red Zone sign off view of all touchdowns.  I doubted they had time with what went on down in Dallas with the Broncos. 
4th Grade - I'm on Far Right of 3rd Row Up, Cantankerous Up 1 Row and 1 Person to Left

3rd Grade - I'm on Far Left of Second Row, Cantankerous Far Right of Top Row
I did check on Facebook and saw someone had posted class pictures from my 3rd and 4th grade.  That’s one of t he very coolest things about facebook.  I’d lost these photos years ago.  You don’t always appreciate the value of a photo at the time and then years later regret the loss.  Here were the faces I clearly remember, including the Cantankerous One, from that all too long ago time staring back at me from over the years.  I was also kind of the class hippy in the 4th grade shot.  I’m sure my mother was unhappy she failed to schedule a haircut ahead of that photo. 
Playoff Beard Day 8
 

No comments:

Post a Comment