Friday, October 4, 2013

Arrivals

Yesterday I re-acquired my marital status with the return of a very small, but feisty Panamanian who immediately filled up the house.  I left two hours for the usual 1 hour trip to the airport because I was headed into the teeth of the Boston afternoon rush hour. 

This was a wise investment of time because even though I was going against the main flow there was enough congestion to share on both sides.  This permitted a leisurely pass by Fenway Park on the nearby Mass Pike which more resembled a parking lot at the time. Apparently Thursday is a big travel day for the international crowd because the worst traffic was trying to get into that terminal.  Luckily I’ve spent enough recent time there that I dodged and weaved around the airport once to find the parking lot without having to wait in the very long line of traffic.
She's Baaaaaack!!!
I arrived with about twenty minutes to spare but then had to wait nearly an hour while she made her way through customs and immigration.  She still reported Boston was so much better and quicker than others.  Not a really fair comparison since the black hole of travel that is Miami is what she was comparing it to.  It was a great place to people watch while waiting as the different international flights disgorged their passengers into America.  There was an interesting group of elderly British whose tour guide sternly warned them to be careful walking out of the terminal because these colonials drive on the wrong side of the road. 
Beard Inspection
I’m really married because as soon as I saw her coming through the door it seemed like a huge weight was lifted off my back.  She did have a momentary pause for the surprise playoff beard which quickly passed a cursory inspection.  The trip to a dinner restaurant passed sublimely as the narrator for my life was back on line.  She regaled me with stories of her Panamanian adventures and questioned me closely about certain photos from the high school reunion.  My friends will be critical in backing up my good behavior there.  
Of Course There Were Roses!
Buddy was appropriately apoplectic when he realized his weekday savior had returned.  As soon as we walked in the door she was on the phone with first her two children and then a series of friends which consumed the rest of the evening.  This at least afforded me the opportunity to see the new look Bruins win their season opening game in solid fashion. 

Yesterday also saw the arrival of the first of the new buses I began inspecting out in California a couple weeks ago.  It’s fairly to incredibly impressive that in that short period of time they created this sleek new bus from the frame I saw and then drove it all the way over here.
Playoff Beard - Day 5
All is fairly right with the world now. 
Bus Three Weeks Ago
Same Bus Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment