Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rushing to the Finish Line

I had a very long meeting with the head politico yesterday to review the massive amount of work his decision last week generated.  Overall I was happy as he finally seems to understand the amount of work some of his snap decisions mean.

The wife is due back in tomorrow.  I am definitely in the home stretch on the home recovery project.  All of my wife’s flowers (well at least most of them) survived her absence, which I count as a win.  The kitchen began its transformation from bachelor pad kitchen to the pristine condition in which she left it.  Let’s just call that what it is - the long pole in the tent. I'm training toilet seats to stay down after a month in the upright position. 

Before the kitchen was sanitized I tried to recreate a keto snack my daughter created for me.  Mozzarella sticks rolled in parmesan cheese and then fried – awesome.  There was parmesan cheese spread everywhere and Buddy was vigilantly scouring the floor for any stray bits.  While they weren’t as good as my daughter’s version they were acceptable. 
My Attempt Last Night
I did over do it a bit in terms of the number of sticks - I discovered there is a limit to the amount of parmesan cheese the body is willing to intake.  Buddy performed the coup de grace on the final two.  We make a good team.

I snuck out for a dateless date night to see the movie Rush.  I’ve always liked Ron Howard’s movies and this was no exception.  It is a finely crafted movie about the rivalry between two Formula 1 drivers in the 1970’s, James Hunt and Nicki Lauda.  I’m not even remotely a race car fan but this was fascinating and I semi-remembered the back story.  Lauda was a highly effective and unlikable technician while Hunt was a flamboyant playboy type.  Lauda displays immense courage coming back from a devastating crash which had me wincing during his depicted recovery. 
Chris Hemsworth delivers once again as Hunt – he’s an actor who’s destined for much bigger things.    Daniel Bruhl, the German soldier from Inglorious Basterds, plays Lauda and is once again very Germanic.  Olivia Wilde was almost unrecognizable but still very hot, with a very good English accent, as Hunt’s wife who leaves him for Richard Burton, of all things. 

It was an interesting trip down memory lane as I kind of remembered these events when they happened.  As I said above, anything Howard does is worth watching and this certainly was. Now back to cleaning.     
Playoff Beard - Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment