Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weekend Arrival

As I have stated all week long – I am exceedingly ready for the arrival of this weekend in large part because it also included the arrival of a certain young lady from New York City. 




Before we got on the road to New Haven we spent a truly enjoyable time with my excellent boss and a former boss at the neighborhood Applebees for a First Friday that my boss volunteered to move to Sturbridge when he heard I had another Connecticut trip required for retrieval of my daughter.  The new location also allowed my wife to join us since picking her up was on the way.  We crammed a lot of catching up into the short time we were allotted including the latest death defying escapades of my former boss’ youngest son.  He’s kind of a legend for his complete fearless lifestyle since toddler days.  He acquired a severely broken jaw with a bike ride down a steep driveway his mother specifically warned him not to do.  The nine year old had to be physically removed from a skateboard less than two weeks later.  I think we have a future X-gamer here although his mother is less than pleased with the years of her own life she’s sacrificing to his stunts.
I Only Wish It was This Clear
My Connecticut winning string ended with a thud as traffic was severely backed up from one of the idiotic left merges which resulted in an accident.  We were a few minutes late arriving at the train station but I spied my daughter from the middle of some more backed up traffic and yelled her name from across the street.  A semi-illegal U-turn in front of the police station landed us with the coveted additional passenger for the ride home.
My Two Favorite Gals at Zorba's
Anyone who reads the blog knows that our first stop was going to be a certain Greek restaurant that serves the best pizza in the world – at least on keto vacation days.  My wife attacked her sangria on a fruitless search for a cherry that saw the discarded fruit and ice strewn about the table as my daughter and I watched in horrified glee.  It was one of those dinners you never want to end.  Unfortunately it did and we were ten minutes too late to score our weekly ice cream dessert which I think my daughter was a little grateful for.
The Carnage from the Cherry Hunt
My wife revealed a photo she took of her father and my favorite sister in law sound asleep on the couch in Panama.  She specifically forbade me from putting it on my blog, so.....(see below).


PHOTO REMOVED AT THE ADAMANT DEMAND AND THREAT OF PHYSICAL ATTACK BY MY WIFE
 
Yesterday’s post about the government shutdown brought the expected counterattack from the Cantankerous Friend.  He rose to the bait and accused me of ignoring the facts and being grotesquely unfair to our sainted president.  He even went so far as to blame everything on George W.  I can’t believe Obama supporter are still trying deflect blame for their own failures on a president six years removed, but I guess that’s what they’ve got left.

It’s really cool having one of our kids back under our roof for the entire weekend.

Playoff Beard Day 13 - Second Round Test Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment