Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Perils of Staying Busy

In the being careful what you wish for department, yesterday saw me fully immersed in the new, time sensitive scheduling exercise. I spent the entire day glued to the computer making my way through seemingly endless excel spreadsheets adding minutes where needed.  I am so glad excel let’s you add time instead of manually loading each one.  Scary that I am now praising computer software and the bane of my Army life – excel – to boot.  Civilian life brings changes.
She Looks So Good!
My wife reported in from Panama where she is preparing for her imminent return.  She sent me a very fetching photo while trying to secure additional financial resources.  I was doomed from the get go.  I’m amazed at her growing facility with technology, something she’s steadfastly refused to embrace, well except for shopping.  She figured out how to text me directly, from Panama.  I can’t wait for her return. 
Playoff Beard - Day 2
Tonight will start the intensive house cleaning required for her re-entry.  I swear for a short haired dog Buddy sheds like a scared cat.  I think I could knit (if I could knit) two whole dogs out of the clumps of fur circulating on the floor (hope she doesn’t read that).  Then there’s the issue of the stove – 30 days of bacon, eggs, and burgers have not been kind.  Maybe two dozen roses will be called for because she’s going to have to deal with the playoff beard as well (three dozen?). 
Downhill Construction Update
This Guy Better Hurry or the Snow Will be on Him

No comments:

Post a Comment