Saturday, January 12, 2013

Zorbadized

The Gals in Pizza Consumption Mode - I Advised Beer to Help
Yesterday was a very slow day at work.  My boss asked if I wanted to celebrate a Frist Friday but I had to remind him of the five Panamanian women waiting for my return.  I promised that the upcoming two months had plenty of opportunities for First Fridays.

The plan last night was to show the gals one of our typical Friday nights when my wife and I usually head to Zorbas for some of that mystically imbued pizza.  I told my wife that everyone should be ready to go when I got home around five because if we waited too long Zorbas would fill up and we would have a long wait for seats.

Astoundingly, everyone was ready, well except for my wife, but she rallied and we left only fifteen minutes behind schedule.  There was a driving rain storm which also probably helped keep attendance down but we were able to slide right into a table upon arrival. 

These ladies are a lot of fun to be around.  Apparently the female pack instinct for rest room attendance crosses cultural divides.  I’m still trying to figure out how four of them were able to hit the Zorba’s very small rest room at the same time. 

The ladies had done both yoga and zumba exercises during the day so were a little hungry.  I had to fight to hold my own as we downed not one but two giant pizzas completely.  I think this gang could give my son and son in law a run for their money in the pizza consumption department.

We got back to the house and watched another semi-raunchy comedy together, The Change-Up.  The gals loved it.  Again I think it was pointing out the male foibles that drew most of the laughter.  I didn’t care because this was a lot of fun.  Today I’m talking the entire gang up to my hometown where we’ll descend on teh Keene Friend for the day.  I’m sure some tax fee shopping will take place – Elm City Brewery, here I come.
My Wife and He Sister
The Gals Back Home Posing with Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment