Thursday, January 17, 2013

Panasnowbunnies!

The Panasnowman - Wearing the Provincial Baseball Cap - Chiriqui!!!
Yesterday I awoke to an expected blanket of snow.  This was exciting for my visiting, most beautiful and elegant Panamanian gang of women.  Unfortunately they didn’t get up in time to see the snow (could have something to do with the late night before and a couple bottles of wine, but I digress).

I cleared the driveway with my semi-trusty tractor and headed into work with my wife’s Highlander.  This effectively trapped the gang in the house for the day although it’s not as if my wife would venture out driving on a snowy day anyways.  It drizzled the rest of the day, changing back between snow and rain.  Whenever snow appeared my wife said the gang would don all their cold weather gear to go outside only to find it changed back to rain.

I got home from work to find the entire gang of beautiful women in the back yard building a snowman in the dark.  This had been a stated goal since their arrival and with my wife’s pseudo-expertise (1 career snowman to her credit) they were hard at work. 

I jumped back on the tractor to finish cleaning the driveway.  My wife’s sister came over to see what I was up to and stood directly in front of where the snow would be coming out of the chute.  I debated several moments before my better angels took over and I warned her to step aside.  I was throwing the snow up the hill when I noticed she and her friend were running through the falling cascade of thrown snow.  I guess they were desperate to find out what falling snow was like.  I didn’t have the heart to tell them (or the angels took leave) that sometimes a rock or two gets thrown with the snow.  Luckily (for them and me) they came through unscathed.

Buddy was, of course, beside himself in joy to spend all this time out playing in the snow.  He’s still wearing the confounding scarf though, I’m afraid he’s become accustomed to it.

Since the snow was heavy from the day’s drizzle I of course through the auger belt off the tractor again. So I had to finish up by hand.  I then spent twenty minutes lying in some cold slush of the semi-lit garage putting it back on.

I went up to the kitchen afterwards and the beautiful gang was percolating around the kitchen expounding on their snow adventure.  We all shared some hot chocolate.  I enjoyed how animated and happy their winter escapade made them.  Seeing so much snow and cold each year you can forget the wonder and joy a new experience can engender; that made it just as much fun for me to watch.
The Beautiful Gang Around Their Creation
The Snow Bunnies At Work
My Wife and I
The Head Snow Bunny - My Beautiful Sister in LAw
After Surviving the Snow Blower

No comments:

Post a Comment