Thursday, January 10, 2013

Panamashopping

This entire week I have returned home to an ominously quiet house.  This is in direct conflict with having five Panamanian women in residence.  Buddy is exhausted and not his usual bubbly self, apparently from entertaining all day prior to my arrival.  The answer comes around nine o’clock, store closing time, coincidentally.  My wife’s Panamanian posse has decided they want to spend (literally) the first part of their trip to the US exploring the local shopping establishments. 

Apparently they barely beat me out of the house each day, leaving shortly before I get home from work.  When I ask my wife why they start so late, she throws her hands up in the air and says it’s very hard to get everybody organized.  This is truly vengeance for me after decades of trying to get her places on time.  The turnabout job of herding cats is not as much fun as it looks from the outside.

On the flip side, they are having a truly entertaining time.  They come back burdened with piles of shopping bags and funny stories.  Last night’s was adventures in the dressing rooms at Macy’s where somehow a 46DDD bra ended up on top of my sister in law’s head (I didn’t ask) which everybody said was incredibly humorous.

My wife always calls to apologize that I have to make my own dinner but this is good practice for the upcoming months.  They end up eating their own dinner after their arrival.  Last night dessert was served shortly before eleven pm.
 
This has provided me with the opportunity to start making inroads on the stack of movies I received for Christmas.  I’m holding out on some until I get the new television installed.  I can also play the movies really loud, even though I’m alone and not trying to drown out loud kitchen conversations.  Last night I actually had the windows shaking for a couple of sci fi explosions – kind of cool.  Buddy freaked out a couple times and when I paused the movie a couple times the backyard coyotes wee in full voice.  I think they were enjoying the movies as well

No comments:

Post a Comment