Sunday, January 6, 2013

Party High

The Two Beautiful Moms Prior to Party
In a move that I hope will make my children intensely proud of their somewhat technologically challenged father – I solved the photo download problem with the blog!  I find myself childishly pleased with myself.  Apparently I reached the limit in terms of photo storage from the blogger app, despite no notification from Google to let me know.  I cruised the internet to see if others had experienced the same thing and learned how some other bloggers solved the problem.  I opened an account on photobucket and then figured out how to download the photos there and then on to the blog.  I know this is probably immensely simple to someone with even a modicum of computer ability but I fall well short of modicum level.  So, like I said, kind of proud of myself.

The party yesterday was even more fun than I imagined and I have a pretty good imagination.  I spent most of the afternoon widening the driveway, pushing back the snow banks.  The Panama gang did yeoman work in getting a mountain of food ready.  The MEF and her equally outstanding parents showed up in time to help us devour the remnants of the prior day’s turkey dinner and opening some much needed space in the refrigerator. An all too quick Skype check in with our bedridden daughter followed. 

The party kicked off with a steady arrival of guests, friends, neighbors, and family members coming to meet the gang from Panama.  We had a fabulous turnout from our neighbors, best showing yet.  I didn’t get to spend as much time as I would have liked with them but I did confirm what I already knew – I live amongst some really outstanding people (and beer drinkers!!).  I hope we can figure out a way to make these neighborhood parties something of a regular thing.

My college roommate and lifelong friend was a surprise party crasher – forced to attend by my Keene friend.  We also had the Cantankerous Friend in attendance so the party had a real feel of my hometown, which is always welcome.  As we were talking in a group near the pastry table (just a coincidence) we noticed the young son of one of my neighbors making at least a dozen trips to pillage the sweets.  I made a point to apologize to his parents in advance for the sugar high their son was sure to experience.

The dancing started (my wife was there – remember) and my Keene group quickly moved as far away from the dancing as possible.  They were joined by my sister and brother in law who claimed a waiver on the dancing due to a “crippling” knee injury.  I’m sure if not for the injury he would have given the Panamanians a run for their money on the dance floor (heavy irony in use here).

Back at the dance floor the neighbor’s young son was dominating.  He didn’t leave the dance floor all night and shifted partners as quickly as he pilfered cookies.  He was so much fun to watch and I think his parents were more than a little pleased to see him working off some of the sugar high.

I had such a good time at the party, reconnecting with old friends, making new friends, but most of all seeing how welcome my wife’s family from Panama felt in this crowd of former strangers. 
A Great Party - My Son on Dance Floor
 
My Wife's Sister During Party Prep
Because it Was Too Funny Not to Post
The Party in Full Swing - Keene Gang Gaurding the Sweets Table
Keene Friend, Partially Obscured College Roommate and Sister
The Panamanians Raiding the Gluten Free Snacks
Much to My Sister's Pleasure and my Amazement
My Wife with the Offical Hero of the Party on the Dance Floor
 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely would have given them a run for their money were it not for this crippling knee injury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dad! I am impressed by your photo-uploading prowess! I didn't even know you could reach a limit, but I think it's because I have more memory since I have a gmail account. Looks like it was lots of fun. Wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete