Monday, January 28, 2013

Let the Games Begin!

How the Pana-Gals View Their Travelling Luggage
My Upcoming Tuesday Night
One of the true adventures of my wife’s annual trips to her homeland of Panama is to watch the luggage packing process.  This year I have the added entertainment, of no small measure, of watching 5 Panamanian women pack suitcases for the trip home.  Let there be no doubt here, this is entertaining to watch.  They scheduled the final two days of their trip to do nothing but packing their luggage.  This is no small feat we’re talking about here. 

These ladies have been shopping almost non-stop since their arrival a few weeks ago and now they have to figure out how to get all their purchases as well as their clothes into the suitcases they brought with them.  I’ve often wondered as I’ve seen the respective hordes grow exponentially after each shopping foray how they would get it all home.  I’m intensely interested to see it all happen.  To travel back with only the suitcases they brought will require a re-ordering of the basic laws of physics.

I finally had a lazy day yesterday parked in front of the mesmerizing new TV watching movies.  My wife told me that yesterday the packing would commence.  The gorgeous Pana-Gals decided they needed to return a couple items and exchange others.  They left for their short trip around noontime.

Seven hours later they returned flushed with even more packages as the thrill of the shopping hunt would not permit them to leave the playing field without scoring some more purchases.  The entertainment factor for the next couple of days was therefore further enhanced. 

They leave on Wednesday morning so Tuesday night could see some severe luggage torture.  My role in all of this (my decision) is to keep a low profile and not be drawn into the upcoming maelstrom of packing; wish me luck.     
One Suitcase Worth
Another
And Yet Another

No comments:

Post a Comment