Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Haunted Shopping

The Haunted Imp
I returned home last night from work to find my wife and the Panamanian posse strangely subdued.  My wife had a headache and the rest of the gang was accomplishing assorted tasks in the electro-magnetic spectrum. 

When I inquired about the situation my wife revealed they had just returned from one of her favorite shopping haunts – the Christmas Tree Shoppe.  This explained the exhaustion as yet another icon of American shopping fell victim to the depredations of the shopping horde from Panama. 

When I opened the door from the garage I was also confronted by an extremely upset Buddy the Wonder Pooch.  He was wearing a bright blue scarf and did not look very happy.  This is a regular occurrence when my wife goes to the Shoppe and she’s gotten the technique of tying it around his neck so he can’t readily remove it.  She often calls into question Buddy’s sexual orientation because he is so attached to me.  This scarf will not help if he is confused at all.

Buddy has completely conquered the affections of my sister in law and he makes a bee line to her whenever she has something to eat, figuring he will end up with at least a taste of it.  This came in handy last night when she had an unfortunate experience on the couch with the last of several Coors Lights.  Luckily Buddy has extensive experience cleaning up after Coors Light spills.

The gals also found this blog on the computer last night and were offering their candid opinions of the photos I had posted of them.  I think it has just become a lot more difficult to capture them in their native environment going forward.

One of the products of their Christmas Tree Shoppe expedition was a creepy statue of Yoda from Star Wars.  He talks, uttering some of Yoda’s most famous pronouncements.  These were gifts going back to some of the younger Panamanians back home.  I had just gotten into bed when there arose a huge conflagration in the guest bedrooms. 

Apparently my wife hid the statue under the bed of her sister who is easily spooked (I’m sure the Coors Light had nothing to do with it).  She was freaking out and the rest of the gang was thoroughly enjoying her discomfort.  As the rest of them were laughing too hard to resolve the situation I volunteered to move Yoda downstairs, far enough away to placate my scared sister in law.

Life is never boring around my wife’s Panamanian posse.

The Confused Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment