Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Cranking Up

Front Yard This Morning
As I’ve said many times on this blog I’m an unabashed lover of all things connected with Christmas.  Usually I’m in the zone as soon as Thanksgiving moves out.  This year Thanksgiving was a little earlier and it’s taken me a little longer to get cranked up.  This week was definitely a transition week because work was so onerous but I woke up this morning to a lightly falling snow.  I was also appreciating the beginning of the house decorating that my wife embarked on this week.  All of a sudden I find the spirit of Christmas descending on me and I could not be happier.

Yesterday the best boss I’ve ever had walked into my office around noon and kidnapped me for lunch at the Coney Island hotdog place in Worcester.  We then drove around Worcester so I could show him where some of the new route modifications were going to take place in January.  I really appreciate that he hadn’t seen them ahead of time but trusted my judgment when I first proposed them back in the summer and this was the first time he actually saw it.

Last night was a quiet night as my wife and I made the obligatory trip to Zorbas for our weekly genuflecting at the pepperoni pizza altar.  It turned out to be a good night because I was conveniently seated where I couldn’t easily see the TV screens and therefore was a much better conversationalist.  I appreciated the assistance, as did my wife.  Today we’re up to Keene to do some Christmas shopping and hopefully sampling some of Elm City’s beer.  I think my wife will do the shopping and I will handle the beer drinking, both playing to our strengths.
The Decorating Has Begun!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment