Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Basal Update Texan Massacre

Welcome Back Mr Brady
Yesterday was an update appointment with the doctor for the cancer cells in my ear, not to be confused with the cancer cells in my neck.  I had to remind the doctor where we were at.  He then went on to tell a story about someone who failed to adequately monitor her basal cancer cells and who ended up losing almost half her face – thanks doc – just what I needed to hear.  If he hadn’t noticed I was here for him to do just that.  Since I’m having the neck site excavated next week he said I should ask that doctor to also take a crack at the ear while she was at it.  He even gave me a handwritten note to give her.  If she doesn’t want to do it he said to give him a call next week and he would take care of it.  Why am I under the impression this appointment was all about him being able to charge my insurance company for another visit?

After that uplifting experience I settled down nervously as the Patriots took on the Houston Texans who were purported to be the best team in the league.  We had a colorful saying in the infantry about skulls and copulation.  Over the next three hours that’s exactly what the Patriots did to the Texans. Hanging 42 points on the supposedly best team in football is no mean task. 

The Patriots dominated their heralded foe in every aspect of the game.  When the Texans started off the game with a couple of successful runs Coach Belichek called an unusual early, defensive timeout.  Whatever he told his defense during that timeout was pure gold because the Texans running game was never a factor after that.  Once again Vince Wilfork dominated in the middle of the line and should be considered for defensive player of the year – he is clearly the Patriot’s defensive MVP.

The biggest revelation in the game however was the play of Brady.  He is so routinely brilliant that when he elevates his play for a big game like he did last night it is almost breathtaking.  Since the 2007 Superbowl teams have figured out that the more they hit Brady the less effective he becomes.  Last night the Texans put a lot of hits on him but for the first time since 2007 he seemed to have his mojo back.  He didn’t get his usual happy feet but reminded us, at least for last night, just how good he can be.  He walked the walk and the Texans had no answer.

I do wish Welker would stop dropping passes.  Every time he does it I flash back to last year’s Superbowl and what might have been. 
Next Week's Potential Excavation Site #2

No comments:

Post a Comment