Friday, April 3, 2020

Viral Conspiracies


I have a new theory about coronavirus outbreak that is worthy of only the most psychotic of conspiracy theorists (you know who you are). I’m now convinced this pandemic is a result of an insidious plot by the makers of skin cream. Yes. I know. The most obvious culprit would be the Purrell Company – makers of the now disappeared hand sanitizers, but that’s too obvious. My money is on the skin cream folks because they knew repeated, vigorous hand washing would result in chapped hands and an increased reliance on their product. That’s what make the plot so sinister – it provides plausible deniability. I figured we were still close enough to April Fool’s Day to make this assertion. I have noticed though what a toll vigorous hand washing takes on the back of my hands. I don’t know how the medical professionals do this day in and day out, even without the motivation of a pandemic. Chapped hands are definitely a better problem than the virus.
FBR at the River Yesterday
The FBR was back at the rock skipping creek we discovered on my last trip there. She and Wingman were there yesterday on what was a lot sunnier day than we had around here. I noticed the rock population along the river bank was noticeably depleted since my visit. The FBR is nothing if not industrious. Meanwhile, up in New Hampshire, the ABFA was playing a new game my son and her daughter had cooked up. My son and the BRS have a game on the couch where the BRS climbs up to the top of my son’s head and then is cast upon some nearby pillows. My Favorite Panamanian claims he learned this from his own father but who can really know. Las evening during our FaceTime call the BRS was attempting the same game with the now 7 month pregnant ABFA. I don’t think she was a huge fan of the game. Everybody stay safe out there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment