Thursday, April 16, 2020

April Showers


It’s not bad enough we have this miserable virus menacing life as we now it on a daily basis. I woke up this morning to some April showers. Snow Showers! Now that’s a little beyond the pale. I warned my Favorite Panamanian not to look outside because snow falling automatically sets off her “flee response” towards her tropical homeland. Of course that is not possible unless she wants to drive there and we all know that’s not happening, what with Mexican, Guatemalan, and Nicaraguan bandits along the way.
FBR in Wingman School Yesterday
I’m actually not seeing much of the spousal unit because she’s launched into face mask production up in our master bedroom. She becomes something of a whirling dervish whenever she launches on a project like this. I, predictably, am safely ensconced in the Man Cave working my way through all of the James Bond, 007, movies. I’ve become something of a snob because I think it’s a labor to watch these movies in the DVD format versus Blu-ray or 4K. My “kids” have ruined me. I shudder to think what they would look like on VHS tape!
Deckzilla with Snow This Morning

Hero
One of the things we have watched together was “Some Good News” by John Krasinski. He’s really touched a nerve in the quarantined masses bludgeoned with the relentless bad news the regular news networks are reveling in, not to mention the snarky contributions of would be humorists. My wife and I watched at the urging of our daughter and it was almost soul rendering in the much needed spirit lifting department. If you haven’t seen this yet, do yourself a favor and check it out on YouTube. One of my wife’s friends, a dedicated member of the Panamanian Mafia as well as a huge fan of the nefarious NY Yankees called to say she loved the show despite the inclusion of some Red Sox fans (Krasinski being one as well). This was something we all need. Krasinski should get some sort of humanitarian award when this is all over.
Bond Progress
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment