Monday, April 27, 2020

Temper Fray


After the momentary, but exceptionally welcome, high that came from our brief visit to New Hampshire to deliver face masks, the rest of the weekend sunk back into the quarantine blues. I finished the first jigsaw puzzle while in the zone. It’s something I should have started a long time ago as I have a bunch from Christmas still unopened. It was a bit of a pain as it was one of those puzzles where multiple pieces will fit in the same space. That becomes a huge pain in the butt when you come to the sky which is virtually all the same color. I approached what I thought as the triumphant finish when I was left with two pieces that obviously didn’t fit into the two remaining spaces. An inch close inspection of the surrounding area revealed a couple places that might have been wrong and fifteen minutes later I finally had it together. Yet another survival story from the quarantine zone.
FBR and her Cake
Sprinkle Overload
Completed Puzzle
My Favorite Panamanian descended into the Man Cave because she was jonesing for shopping. Seeing a granddaughter in person on Saturday must have ignited that passion as well as an offhand comment from my daughter that the FBR was outgrowing a lot of her clothes. Abuela to the rescue as I got an hour long experience on the Carter’s toddler clothing site. I’m still needed when she makes these shopping forays into the electro-magnetic spectrum. She noted this requirement and said it was time for her to learn how to shop online. Terror seized my heart.
BRS Garbed up for a Saturday Photo Shoot
There was a little bit of tension when we talked to the New Jersey contingent last evening. I got the distinct impression that, cooped up in the house all day by rain, the FBR had tested her parents’ limits to the extreme. She also didn’t nap which definitely exacerbated the situation. I reminded Wingman of the calming words he used on me after I wanted to kill their cat, Pee Wee, after a very long night in a hotel room while they were moving to New Jersey a few years ago. On the up side the FBR helped my daughter make a cake. When I asked the FBR what her favorite part of that experience was, she replied, “the licking”. Never underestimate the importance of this vital phase of frosting cleanup.
BRS Ready for her Closeup
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment