Saturday, April 18, 2020

First Friday Redux

My complaints about the lack of a proper celebration of the First Friday of the Week were answered last night. The Favorite Panamanian and I were celebrating last evening when we asked the kids if they wanted to join in a group FaceTime call to join in the celebration. The FBR and BRS were also part of it in the beginning but they quickly tired of hearing the grownups trying to talk over the obviously more important subjects they were interested in. Once again, it was so cool hearing all the voices – Daughter, Wingman, Son and ABFA. We tried to get Great Aunt and Soxfather involved but they were otherwise engaged with of all things, work. Very un-Fridaylike.
Back Yard This Morning
That was followed by the promised dancing session with the spousal unit. It was the first time we’ve danced since before Christmas which constitutes one of the longest hiatus we’ve ever had. At least when we’re in the same location and I wasn’t running around the world with well-armed friends or she wasn’t wintering in Panama. I discovered the weight I dropped since Christmas was noticeable as the knee didn’t bark at me very much.

I awoke this morning to find four inches of snow on the ground which might be the biggest snow fall since December. I’m guessing Someone didn’t get the memo that it is currently almost May. My wife was using this as part of the construction of her political platform campaigning for a longer stay in Panama next year. At least I got in a bona fide First Friday celebration last night thanks to the greatest people in my life.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment