Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Training Never Ends


Since we had another ferocious rain storm yesterday I made another foray to the grocery store. I’ve found that is the best time to go since most sane people stay home during these storms which means – no crowding. The system worked perfectly but I learned another lesson of the many the virus has bestowed upon us. Tuesdays are not a good day to hit the grocery stores. It may be they are during normal times but 2020 qualifies as anything but normal. I found most of what I was looking for but there were more vacant shelves than I’ve seen since the start of this adventure.
And so, It Begins
Speaking of adventures, as you can see from the photo above, the BRS has embarked on toilet training. This would seem to be an opportune time to engage in this activity with next month’s arrival of BR3. The training might have gotten off to a slow start though as my son reports the BRS still had her diaper on while seated for the photo. She may not understand the concept yet; well, baby steps. I remember the days when I had two kids in diapers and it is not for the faint of heart and led directly to my daughter’s toilet training.
My Favorite Panamanian has been cutting out the forms in material for future face masks while awaiting the arrival of her new sewing machine. I’m decidedly less productive. When I’m not chasing squirrels away from the bird feeder I am inevitably in the Man Cave. I’ve continued my first quarantine jigsaw puzzle and relearned what a consummate devourer of time these things are. I also knocked off the next in the James Bond series. I’d forgotten how silly the later Roger Moore ones got.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment