Friday, April 24, 2020

Idiocy on Display


There seems to be a small percentage of people out there protesting the virus restrictions. The latest polls say the percentage of people who disagree with the needed restrictions is less than 20% which means the protesters are an even smaller percentage. Before self-important liberals leap to their default accusations, the poll tracked the same percentage across party lines. Of course the protests gets main stream media coverage instead of labeling what it is – a fringe movement. This is part of my long term problem with the major news media outlets. They give major coverage to what amount to a small bunch of idiots deciding to provide definitive proof of their stupidity. Instead they are purveyed as a major push back against quarantine policy, something that is just not true.
BRS - Post Cinnamon Roll
I think we should engage these protesters as a useful tool in the fight against the virus. We should make them the initial test pool for President Trump’s suggestion yesterday that we inject Lysol into our veins to fight the virus. Can someone please explain to me how this buffoon ended up in charge? If nothing else we should be given a prima facie case to see Darwin’s theory of natural selection at work. Regrettably the true heroes of our time, the health care workers, will be exposed while these failed specimens are ushered out of the gene pool.
Why is Dad Laughing?
Eating Down from the Top is the Best
Back home my daily personal decontamination process has evolved into a routine. My Favorite Panamanian hears the garage door open heralding my return and runs to pull all the window blinds before I emerge from the decon site (the laundry room) having divested all of my work clothes. It’s become something of a competition each day to see who gets done first. So far she way ahead on points so the neighbors have not had their eyes seared watching me bound up the stairs sans vestments.
Dad You Should Try it This Way

I love Cinnamon Rolls!!
The granddaughters provided their daily morale boost via Facetime yesterday. The BRS continued potty training and even divested her diaper this time. She then demonstrated the proper way to bathe while still accompanied by a legion of toys. My son reports for the first time she is letting him wash her hair without a major fight. As evidenced by the accompanying pictures the BRS has also taken up the family tradition of devouring cinnamon rolls. I remember from my earliest days competing with my sisters to get the coveted middle roll from the set my mother prepared on so many Sunday mornings. The BRS, as is her wont, has employed a new technique of eating down from the top. This insures liberal application of frosting to her face.
FBR Reading to her Fire Lizard
The FBR has fallen in love with the new toy, a fire lizard that lights up, her grandparents had delivered to her yesterday which insured a continued stream of gifts in the future. It’s a grandparent thing. The FBR even read a bedtime story to the fire lizard. In keeping with today’s august significance – the First Friday of the Week, we hope to honor it with another family group FaceTime call, along with appropriate libations. We hope to include Soxfather and Great Aunt to the group this week. First Friday Lives!!!
Quarantine Fashion Statement
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment