Thursday, April 9, 2020

Indignities


My Favorite Panamanian and I gathered in the Man Cave last night to bid farewell to Modern Family. It’s been a guilty pleasure for the past eleven years and the series finale was last night. It was really well done and I got a real sense that these actors enjoyed working with each other. Over the years there were so many instances where we would both laugh because Gloria did so many things exactly the way my own Latina wife did. It was startling to see how much the kids in the program had grown over the years and I didn’t’ feel the same sense of loss I did when Cheers ended because I thought it was time.
BRS Sported a New Doo Yesterday
Modern Family at Beginning and the End
It’s hard to imagine given the current pandemic crisis but there is other news out there, including a presidential election. That could be another silver lining to the virus – we haven’t been tortured with endless political speculation. That being said I was pleased to see our resident communist Bernie Sanders bow out of the race. This will hopefully allow Biden to move the Democratic Party more to the center where it will stand a better chance against the Twitterer in Chief in November.
I caused a bit of stir at work yesterday. I send out a daily email to my employees called the Info Blast. I wanted to recognize the special efforts of those employees who have stood up and delivered during this crisis. This is what I sent out: “It’s at times like these that the real leaders emerge. Likewise the posers also reveal themselves. We’re blessed with some real leaders here, people like T. S. who is working tirelessly to acquire more PPE and cleaning supplies, like D. L. who designed a driver barrier that will soon be on all the vans, and each and every driver who ignores all the noise and continues to serve our customers. Thank you all for your leadership in these trying times.” Predictably the union leaders reported that they received several indignant calls from, I assume, the posers. They said the posers were threatening to take my quote to the newspapers. I encouraged them to do so.
Someone is Happy with Quarantine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment