Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Hypersensibility


Certainly one of the consequences of our current situation is a hypersensitivity to any, even minor, alteration in our health. I know if I have a scratchy throat or feel the need to cough my fertile imagination immediately leaps to worse case scenarios before common sense weighs in. It’s also tough that tree pollen season is fully upon us which lends itself to the aforementioned scratchy throat. My Favorite Panamanian is especially susceptible to this season which has her already heightened senses on full alert. The constant, and thoroughly necessary, drumbeat about social distancing has also affected the way I view the world. When I’m watching movies and I see strangers high fiving or a crowded scene I automatically think – “They shouldn’t be doing that!”. Again common sense then asserts itself realizing the movie was made years ago. I think that heightened sensibility is what is going to get us all through this though.
BRS - Finger Painting Aftermath
The granddaughters were uniformly entertaining last evening. The BRS is showing some definite sign of a potential obsessive compulsive streak. She precisely lined up all her dolls and was very upset when the ABFA moved one of them. She then emptied a kitchen drawer and lined everything up in a perfect column. In a remarkable turn of events she then returned everything to the drawer before reporting for dinner. This all followed a dedicated finger painting workshop with mom.
The Artist At Work

This Color Would Look Great on my Forehead
The FBR was also on point last night. To combat creeping cabin fever Wingman took her out for a long drive yesterday. They used to drive to help the FBR learn her lefts and rights. She was proudly displaying this newly acquired knowledge throughout our call. We also had an in-depth discussion on sublime combination of ice cream topped with whipped cream. She was initially suspicious of mixing the two but upon personal examination she was brought to my side of the equation. She is also still pursuing her daily PT sessions - as seen in this video.
I made it through Episodes 2 and 3 of Star Wars which reinforced my long held impression that George Lucas should never, ever consider writing a love story plot line again. Other than the cringe worth Anikan-Padme plotline I was pleasantly surprised at how much I still love the movies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment