Thursday, April 23, 2020

Re-Arranged

Life continues apace in the quarantine zone. It’s a bit ironic after a life of secretly loving really bad, sci fi B movies that I find myself firmly imbedded in one. It’s almost as if society has come to a collective halt as everyone has retreated to their bunkers. I’ve come to look at work as a relief since I get to venture out of the house and see something different each day. My Favorite Panamanian is not so fortunate so she has, in the absence of a working sewing machine, decided to rearrange the furniture. This included the movement of one of her massive house plants. We probably should have contracted a crane but we somehow managed to move the beast from the dining room to the living room.
FBR on Neighbor's Trampoline
The BRS was especially charming last evening. She demonstrated her ability to jump several times on the couch before executing a less than graceful prat fall which had us in stiches. She couldn’t help herself and laughed in delight each time she fell onto the cushions. Our laughter was all the motivation she needed to repeat the performance at least a dozen more times.
Her cousin, the FBR, was at least equally entertaining. She’s decided there are certain elements of her conversations with her parents that must remained classified. She’s taken to whispering in their ears during our calls so that vital information is not shared with her grandparents who are not read on for access to this information. My daughter broke operational security and revealed one of the FBR’s state secrets was the game they were going to play after dinner.
Proud Owner of New Fire Lizard
The quarantine has not impeded my ability to spoil my granddaughters. During our group FaceTime call last week the FBR noticed the BRS has a fire lizard doll from the latest Frozen movie. Grandparents are a little like Pavlov’s canine friend. All I had to see was the FBR’s desire for the item and my automatic response was to head for Amazon with credit card in hand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment