Friday, January 24, 2020

Fox Run


I’m starting to get into my annual geographic bachelor routines which can be startling for anyone who knows me. I wash dishes before going to bed and have caught myself actually vacuuming the Man Cave. The less said about my ironing technique the better. I blame my Favorite Panamanian for all of this and yearn back to my earlier days of sloth. She’s ruined me – I can no longer stand a dirty/cluttered house. I mean, I’m even keeping house plants alive.
BRS Arguing About the Car Seat

Escape Mode
My newest fascination is my door bell. Not as weird as it sounds; I received a Ring doorbell for Christmas. My initial reason for asking for it was to identify the person who lets their dog crap in my front yard without picking it up. It’s so easy to use that I find myself checking the status of the house constantly as it alerts me when there is anyone walking or driving by. Yesterday I noticed an alert from 2 o’clock in the morning. When I reviewed the video (see below) I saw that we had fox making its early morning rounds. I hope it had squirrels or rabbits on its play list. Oh, not a single dog crap incident since I put up the sign about the camera. Dog walkers seem to hurry by the house now.
I caught up with the FBR last night as she was taking her bath. This severely reduced her ability to splash which was a good thing for my daughter who had the task of eventually extracting her from the tub. I didn’t get the chance to talk with the BRS but she’s lost nothing off her fastball when it comes to establishing attitude. The ABFA posted these pictures this morning of her trying to get the BRS to consent to the car seat. This will be a very interesting ride for my Favorite Son, the ABFA, and BR3.
Very Startling Photo of Lightning with Philippine Volcano - I Know - Random
I finally spoke with my Favorite Panamanian who’s been hard to pin down for the past couple days. She’s spent her entire first week driving her mother and uncles to medical appointments. She feels honor bound to do this since those duties fall upon her sister and cousins for most of the year. She hasn’t even been to the condo yet. She did fly down to Panama City Tuesday night to spend a few days there with cousins and shop, of course. I felt a real pull to be down there with her when she related she spent last evening with the daughter of her older sister, one of my favorite people in the world.
Wingman on the Death Star
She’s not the only one from the family on the road. Wingman’s band finally made it to the left coast on their reunion tour. Wingman is possibly even a bigger geek about Star Wars than I am. I know, lofty praise indeed. I was intensely jealous yesterday when he posted pictures of himself at Disneyland’s Star Wars attraction. He got on the Death Star and even into the pilot’s seat of the Millennium Falcon! I know he’d much rather be back in New Jersey, still, that had to be pretty cool.
Escaping in the Falcon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment