Monday, January 6, 2020

Debacle-ing

Well, the less said about the weekend with the Patriots the better. They turned out to be the team we all feared they were. There is no one in New England who should or can complain about the past twenty years though. Take this from a guy who grew up in New England at a time the Patriots were a literal laughing stock of the NFL. There’ll have to be some serious re-invention of the team but I still trust in Bill. I think he wants the chance to succeed without Mr. Brady and he might just get that chance now that Sir Tom is finally showing some age.
FBR Created a Family Portrait - Including the Cat

Then Helped Her Mother with Pancakes

A Little More Self Interest There
The rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful. I spent a rain soaked Saturday recovering the vast array of Christmas lights we had positioned outside. There was heavy emphasis on the “we” in that last sentence. Even with the rain it was warm enough to recover everything without a serious fight with the frozen ground. While out there I noticed the huge tree on our backyard hill had finally been brought to the ground by the New Year’s Eve ice storm. I wrote a few months back about the lightning struck tree that I sawed off at the stump after it blew over. I thought sawing it off would cause it to fall to the ground but it hung up in some other trees. I’ll now be able to recover the rope I used in an ill-advised attempt to pull it down although the tree did helpfully land on a supply of firewood I idiotically stored below it.
The Tree as it Originally Fell

Hung Up 


Now on the Ground Except for my Firewood Supply
I see a number of people rushing to defend Iran in the wake of last week’s take out of their head terrorist. I think this is reflective of the times when anything Trump does is automatically labeled as wrong. This Iranian richly earned the hellfire missile that ended his misbegotten life. He was more dangerous than Bin Laden ever was and presented a clear and present danger to our troops who continue to work in very dangerous locales without the requisite recognition their sacrifice earns. I think Trump is a buffoon of the first order but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. Iran will certainly seek revenge but the world has allowed a medieval regime that operates on an ISIS level of brutality to exist with impunity for too long. It’s long overdue to hold them accountable for their exportation of death and terror. Their chief architect of said terror paid. Liberals should stop and look at reality before automatically defending some of the most evil people in the world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment