Monday, January 13, 2020

BR3 is in the House!


I’ve finally been released from the PR hold placed upon me in no uncertain terms since early-November. The ABFA had every bit of right to impose the social media news blackout because, as I explained to my son, as the expectant mother she gets 51% of the vote. Oh, did I fail to mention that the news I’ve been instructed to keep out of the blog until today is the May arrival of another granddaughter! She will be addressed as BR3 (Blog Reader 3) in future blog posts. 
Latest Photo of BR3

We attended a gender reveal party at my son’s house back in December where everyone was a bit shocked since they were convinced, based on some very long legs in the sonogram, that a son was in the offing. It turns out it was a little lady all along which, given the definitive evidence provided by the BRS, will be gorgeous. BR3 will join the elite granddaughter club of the FBR and BRS who should provide fascinating role models for the newest member. The long legs mean she might be a runner, given the paternal genes and her mom’s athletic prowess, very understandable. So, we’re all very excited and BR3’s arrival is scheduled shortly after I retire so we can lend a hand as needed. Excitement, indeed.
The Birthday Boy

With his Namesake Uncle
 I was also very excited to conduct a McShawn’s thunder run down to Rhode Island on Saturday night to help celebrate my Namesake Nephew’s birthday. I went down a little early to watch the NFL playoff games and have dinner with Great Aunt and Soxfather. So my first Saturday night since becoming a geographic bachelor was as enjoyable as possible to imagine. We secured our usual booth at McShawn’s and proceeded to dominate that corner of the pub for the entire evening.

Soxfather and the Guys
The Ladies

Soxfather's sister made her usual libelous statements about my photographic abilities but actually volunteered for the photo shown below, so progress on that front. It was one of those very fun nights where the beer flowed freely but spending time with these special people made all the difference. Loneliness was firmly vanquished for the entire day. I spent the night on Great Aunt’s couch which had the added benefit of finally meeting, after two years, the second of the family cats. The cat never deigns to join us which has all to do about the cat chasing tendencies of the rambunctious Labrador retriever, also in residence. With Remy safely caged for the evening, the cat felt safe enough to introduce itself, at 4am. 
The Posed Photo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment