Friday, January 3, 2020

Dancing Queen Generations


Anyone who knows her realizes my Favorite Panamanian is the type of person ABBA had in mind when they penned the song Dancing Queen. She lives to dance and the only comment I received from her father when I asked for her hand was that I had to promise to always take her dancing. I’ve tried to live up to that commitment despite at least one really bad knee. I now see that dancing gene appearing in both granddaughters.
Dancing Royalty
As I wrote in yesterday’s post the BRS was in high form at the local restaurant we were at on New Year’s Day. It is no small coincidence that her abuela “dancing queen” was at her side for the performance. The ABFA sent out three videos she captured of the event, only one of which was small enough to transfer here. (I am not without technical expertise shortcomings). I was able to screen shot a couple images from the other two videos, so there.
Student and Teacher

Escape Attempt
We’re under a week from the time I become a geographic bachelor again for a few months when my wife flies south for the winter. I took her out to the movies last night because she hadn’t seen the new Star Wars movie and I’d only seen it once. I had a real challenge trying to explain the different family connections depicted on screen but she eventually relented and let the movie tell the story. It was even better with a second viewing. Now to address this being the First Friday of the Decade!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues


No comments:

Post a Comment