Saturday, January 11, 2020

Clean Up in Aisle 1


I finally spoke with the FBR this morning to gauge her reaction to seeing her dad in concert last night. Wingman’s band blew through the NYC area this week and after a day off with family he had a concert near their New Jersey home. My daughter sent the most endearing video of the FBR frolicking on stage during the afternoon sound check. Unfortunately it’s too big to import here but trust me it could not have been more lovable. The FBR took it all in stride and my daughter reported she had charmed everyone at the concert venue. She and her mother got home around midnight which is significantly beyond her usual bedtime but my daughter said she took it all in stride but unfortunately that didn’t translate into an appropriately later awakening this morning. Parenthood.
FBR and Daughter at Concert
I’ve been engaged in a  battle against the basement all morning as I finally took on the challenge of storing all the Christmas paraphernalia as well as the toy debris from having two granddaughters in residence over the holidays. I know, small price to pay. Their toys get stored in the approach to the Man Cave. I completed work and immediately reported my accomplishments to my Favorite Panamanian. She is a sucker for a guy who cleans up the house. She was impressed with my efforts which were specifically undertaken in her absence because it always goes faster without expert supervision. ‘Nuff said.
Basement Before Picture

And After

Toy Area Before

And After
I also took on the case of the mystery pooper. One of the benefits of the new Ring doorbell is I can finally identify who allows their dog to crap in our front yard and then doesn’t pick it up. I mean, who does that? The last time the dog crapped right in the middle of the driveway and the lazy owner just left it there. I posted the sign below to catch their attention and hopefully modify their behavior. I’m also in loin girding mode as I have a thunder run down to Rhode Island this evening for a McShawn’s night with Great Aunt and Soxfather, so there!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment