Friday, March 30, 2018

Depressional Time

Happy BRS

This is the worse time of year. Yes, while the snow is finally melting the remnants are all dirt encrusted and everything else is a soggy mess. It’s still too cold to spend extended leisure time outside and my wife is safely maintaining her self-imposed temperature exile, vowing to return next week as long as it warms up. Well, boo hoo, pardon me while I try to silence all the violins playing for poor old me. It’s been a very tough week at work and the Red Sox did nothing to cheer me up yesterday when they blew a four run lead in the penultimate inning.
Getting so Big!
Luckily I had Keene Friend aboard last night to help assuage some of the bitterness from that debacle. With that tough week at work, judging from the paragraph above, I must be feeling sorry for myself. That will not do. My descendants came to the rescue with a series of photos of the granddaughters which cannot help but ameliorate any depressed feelings.
FBR (center) Hanging with a Couple buds Yesterday

Tornado Aftermath
Thursdays are when Wingman has the day off and gets to spend the entire day with the FBR. From the photographic evidence he provided it looks like she had a tornadic day playing with her treasure trove of toys. She then had to dance the extra energy off and while I’m amazed there was an excess those days are so far in my rear view mirror that is understandable. Today she was at her favorite indoor playground, the Kidz Village, where she claims she works as an employee.
At Kidz Village

Ummm - Plastic Cake

Her cousin, the BRS, continues with her main effort – growing like the proverbial weed. Each new batch of photos I can see the incremental changes that arrive at breathtaking pace in the first couple months of life. It looks like I’m going to be able to spend the BRS’ first Easter with her although the likelihood of an Easter egg hunt is minimal, I’m sure to Riggins’ consternation.
Dad Hangs

Out for Walk with Freind


Riggins on Overwatch




Earlier this week I went to see Paul, Apostle of Christ. I remember early in my life reading an article where different authors nominated who they believed to be the most influential people in all of history. One author chose Paul of Tarsus and I was mystified because I’d obviously heard of him at church and concluded he was just a prolific letter writer. This led me to look into his story but with limited success because this was a couple decades before the internet. I was therefore hoping to gain a better understanding of his role in the early church through this film but I was disappointed. The acting was fine as Jim Caviezel moving on from Jesus to play the apostle Luke who is visiting an aging Paul in a Roman prison where he awaits execution. Paul’s story is then told through flashbacks but these are sparse. Most of the movie involves the persecution of Christians in Nero’s Rome and the Roman prison commandant’s sick daughter. Paul’s story is still amazing but for the most part rarely explored in the movie with his name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment