Monday, March 12, 2018

Bye Bye Baby

There She Goes - My Wife this Morning at Logan

Bachelorhood has returned to my homestead as my Favorite Panamanian is currently aloft returning to her native, decidedly warmer hometown. While toilet seats can now remain erect without having my intelligence questioned, I’m going to miss the very cold feet I am honor bound to warm up each night. We had our usual argument this morning as we tried to get out of the house and ahead of rush hour traffic into Boston. I’m still, even after 36 years of marriage, mystified as to why it takes her so long to get ready to go anywhere much less across the continent. She apologized when we reached the usual standstill that is the Mass Pike at the Watertown exit. Everything else went better than usual and we had scant time to say goodbye at Terminal E before the security line swallowed her whole. As I write this she is passing over Cuba (these new flight tracking aps are cool).
Lights Came on!!!
The photo above shows the most welcome sight my daughter and Wingman could have imagined. Power was finally restored to their New Jersey home around mid-day Sunday and none too soon for the exhausted parents of the FBR. Unfortunately the nomadic existence she’s had to endure since last Wednesday’s storm has resulted in a potent cold. Wingman sent me this picture of her laying her head down to sleep at the breakfast table – something completely out of the realm of belief for anyone who’s ever eaten breakfast with her.
Definitely Out of FBR Character

Sniffling at Daddy's Work While Waiting for Mom Medevac
Up in New Hampshire the BRS continues to hold court as more and more of the family and friends come by to make her acquaintance. Riggins seems to be taking exception to all the attention fawned on the new arrival and tried to butt in on a couple of the pictures. By all reports and from what I observed he loves having the little one around but he is an attention hound. Her parents as well as I are preparing for the third Nor’easter in two weeks. My son thinks these storms are happening in retribution for my glib comments in January while lounging on the tropical beach while they absorbed some serious body blows from Mother Nature. (was still worth it)








No comments:

Post a Comment