Friday, March 23, 2018

FBR Eve

Helping Dad Shovel

I will once again shamelessly depend on one of my granddaughters to quell any weekend loneliness. I leave early tomorrow for a trip to New Jersey and some quality time with the FBR and apparently Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. As you can see from the attached pictures the FBR fully enjoyed the generous amount March snow they experienced down there this week. Her mother and father had a date night in the big city last night so there was no nightly FaceTime call. I’ll be delivering the pile of Easter related gifts my Favorite Panamanian purchased prior to flying south for the winter’s end for the FBR.

Lunch With Dad and Then Throwing Snowballs at Him

Repping the Pats in Jets Territory
I was able to connect with my Favorite Son and the BRS last night. The BRS seems more alert every time we talk. She was sitting in the ABFA’s lap and I’d like to think she managed the ghost of a smile when she heard my voice. It was more probably gas but this is how grandfathers think. She had her first round of shots yesterday which she was fairly indignant about but quickly settled down afterwards. The ABFA’s mom was on station to assist in the grandparenting department.
The Annual Rattlesnake Roundup
I ran across this picture in my wanderings about the internet this week. It shows one of the “benefits” of being selected as Miss Texas. As I laughed I couldn’t help but think how my wife will react she when she sees it. She is deathly afraid of snakes (a healthy attitude for where she grew up) and won’t even look at the TV screen if a snake appears. We were leaving the officer club in Kansas one evening in the 1990s when I spied a five foot long snake crawling across the parking lot. As any good infantryman would do I immediately picked it up to show her. This resulted in about three weeks on the couch. If she reads this and sees this picture I can almost imagine the gasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment