Saturday, March 3, 2018

Friday Dodge

Riggins Keeping an Eye on his Newest Charge

While the rest of the eastern seaboard is reeling from the effects of yesterday’s nor’easter we pretty much dodged any real problems in Worcester. We had a lot of rain and some impressive wind but just a dusting of snow late at night instead of the promise six inches of snow. Just to be absolutely clear – I am not complaining. My daughter reported a complete loss of power down in New Jersey as this was a huge storm.
The First Friday Crew with the Surprise Panamanian

New Partner in Crime
I had a very good week at work welcoming Keene Friend as my new operations manager. One of the things I told him that was fun about working in transit is there’s something new to confront each day. Yesterday he had to field his first death threat against one of the drivers. To his credit he handled the situation perfectly and we adjourned the Brew City to mark his first official First Friday as a member of the team. The biggest surprise was the appearance of my Favorite Panamanian despite the heavy rain falling. Despite growing up in one of the most rain soaked countries on earth my wife is averse to walking outside if even a small amount of rain is falling so yesterday constitute a veritable shock, in a very nice way.
Just like Daddy!
We eventually did connect with my daughter when their power came back on and she was in the middle of preparing for her annual Academy Awards party. She always prepares snacks themed to the best picture nominees and this year provide a wide range of opportunities there. I’m psyched because for the first time in many years I’ll have a date for the Academy Awards show which is right up there with the Super Bowl for a dedicated movie geek such as myself. Since I no longer get a newspaper delivered I even prepared my own ballot to keep score on predictions. My daughter usually kicks my ass in this department. She said the FBR got some play tattoos when they hit the party store. They were Moana themed (still can't get those damned songs out of my head) and she couldn't wait to show them to her well painted father.






No comments:

Post a Comment