Thursday, March 29, 2018

Opening Day I Guess

Two Beautiful Ladies Last Night

Today marks the first games of the baseball season and a day I usually used to embrace with the trademark optimism of a lifelong Red Sox fan. I say used to because I’m just not that excited any more. I don’t know if that is a result of getting older or the glacial pace of the games. It probably has more to do with the unbelievable success of all of New England’s sports teams over the past twenty years, unheard of during my youth where my fascination with sports first germinated.
I’m much more excited about my nightly calls with granddaughters although the FBR is at times entirely too busy to focus on me. It’s during those lulls in attention that I can have an actual adult conversation with either my daughter or Wingman. The FBR always senses my lack of attention on her though and usually swoops in to interrupt briefly before returning to ignoring me. My daughter has taken to placing the FaceTime calls while the FBR is eating dinner and therefore constrained from ignoring me. She took a couple photos of the interaction last night which was a lot of fun.
Talking with Grandpa Last Night

Highlight of at Least My Evening

And We Learn she Was Eating Spinach Macaroni

And The Dancing the Night Away
Weekend Eve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment