Sunday, March 11, 2018

Ultimate Sunday

The BRS Looking into Daddy's Eyes

Today marks the last day I’ll have a Panamanian in permanent residence for at least a month. My Favorite Panamanian flies south for a month early tomorrow morning. Our latest Nor’easter was polite enough to wait until Monday night to hit so hopefully her early morning flight can get out of Boston. While these separations have become a matter of routine over the last ten years that doesn’t make them any easier. On the upside I now have two granddaughters to visit so any claim of loneliness would be crocodile tears at best. I was also very pleased with a surprise phone call on Friday from my younger sister. I love her dearly but we don't stay in near enough touch and I really appreciated her reaching out. I look forward to getting together with her and her outstanding husband as soon as I re-acquire my own souse in April.
ABFA Mom
That Favorite Panamanian made my day on Friday when she showed up at First Friday celebrations which were sparsely supported by my co-workers. I think they, like the rest of New England, was still mentally digging out from Wednesday’s storm. I know it took a good night sleep last night before my body finally recovered from the physical effort of wrestling the snow blower around on Thursday morning. I was proud of Worcester which was back on its feet and working through a fairly normal day less than 24 hours after having more than 16 inches of snow dumped on it. I cringe to think what my former home in Northern Virginia would look like in a similar situation.
FBR (in back) With Some of Her Neighborhood Cronies at Hotel

The New Jersey power company, PSEG, is not covering itself in glory. My daughter reported this morning that electricity had yet to be restored to her neighborhood which is criminally incompetent in my view. We had north of 400,000 homes without power after the storm around here and that number was in the hundreds by yesterday morning. Someone is not doing their job down in New Jersey. You’d think after Super Storm Sandy they would have this drill down. The FBR is taking all of this in manic stride after two nights in a hotel and then last night in a friend’s house. Her parents, my daughter and Wingman, are less sanguine about the experience. I think frazzled would be a more accurate description. Chasing an energetic two year old around as she explores new environments is not for the faint of heart and is possessed of a significant “frazzle” factor.
Hanging with Another Host While Awaiting Power




No comments:

Post a Comment